Drontal Allwormer Tablets For Small Dogs 3kg 4pk
Drontal treats Roundworms, Hookworms, Whipworms and Tapeworms (Echinococcus granulosus – Hydatid tapeworms), (Dipylidium caninum – common flea tapeworm) (Taenia spp., Taenia ovis, T. pisiformis,
T. hydatigena). Also aids in the control of shedding oocysts of the protozoan Giardia spp in dogs
Drontal controls all intestinal worms effectively with a single dose. Drontal contains a patented combination of three active ingredients to control worms
- Praziquantel is considered the gold standard for tapeworm control. It acts directly on tapeworms in the dog’s gut where it paralyses the worms within 30 seconds of contact. The dead worms are not passed as they disintegrate in the dog’s gut
- Pyrantel and febantel target roundworm, hookworm and whipworms. The combination of these two active ingredients, which is unique to Drontal, have a synergistic effect, attacking the parasites on two fronts. The combination has outstanding efficacy against roundworm, hookworm and whipworms
Drontal Allwormer is the only non-prescription treatment available for Giardia. Protecting your pets against Giardia – the commonest intestinal parasite in dogs – may also protect your family from infection
How Often Should I Worm My Dog With Drontal?
- Hookworms and Roundworms – Dogs and Puppies treat at 2, 4, 8 and 12 weeks of age and then every month until six months of age, thereafter every 3 months or on veterinary advise
- Whipworms – Treat every 6 to 8 weeks after 3 months of age
- Tapeworms – treat every 3 months except in a hydatid tapeworm area where every 6 weeks is recommended, or on veterinary advise. Dogs can become re-infested with worms and treatment should be repeated
If my dog has food allergies can I use the Drontal chewable?
It is not recommended to use Drontal chewables in the case of dogs with food allergies, because the flavoured constituent can originate from pork, beef or lamb combinations. In cases of food allergic dogs Bayer recommends the use of Drontal tablets
Active Ingredient: Praziquantel, Pyrantel Embonate and Febantel